Lead Veterinary SurgeonLocation: 54 Goodmayes Avenue, Goodmayes, Ilford, Essex Practice: Animal Ark Veterinary Centre Salary: Competitive Practice Details
This practice has an established and generous support staff team including a regional support manager, clinical director, practice manager, and lead receptionist overseeing a large team of Registered Veterinary Nurse's (RVN's), Student Veterinary Nurse's (SVN’s), Pet Care Assistant's (PCA’s), and receptionists who form a welcoming and experienced group of people. We are currently a nine vet practice and each vet brings their own set of skills to the team. The team of vets is very supportive and enjoys sharing their skills with their peers and is always open to learning new techniques.
We have a wide range of equipment: direct radiography, ultrasound, dental radiographs, endoscopy equipment, laparoscopy, large in house lab, k laser, hydrotherapy, a modern consult building with separate cat and dog waiting rooms, a separate hospital building that is soon to go under refurbishment to allow multiple theatres and both indoor and outdoor staff areas to enjoy your lunch breaks.
Our clients are dedicated and bonded and want the highest quality people to be looking after their pets. They want diagnoses rather than drugs and are advocates for the practice which is long-established in the area. We currently provide 24-hour provisions on-site and have nurses on-site 24 hours.
- Passionately providing unparalleled quality vet care for pets and their families
- Animal Ark Vets is one of the largest providers of high-quality veterinary services in Essex & North East London. We are proud to be known for excellent patient care and are dedicated to maintaining the professional skills of our teams at a high level
- Our philosophy is to provide compassionate and high-quality veterinary care and to reinvest in our facilities and team. We are client-focused, progressive and professional
- We are accredited under the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) Practice Standards Scheme. We place a strong emphasis on professional development, providing a supportive environment and are committed to continuing education of our teams.
Your role and responsibilities
Animal Ark is a continuously evolving, multi vet practice in Goodmayes Essex and we are looking for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to work closely with our Clinical Director to deliver a high standard of veterinary care to all of our patients.
- Patient/Clinical care - Delivering a high level of clinical care to standards in conjunction with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme
- Client care - The delivery of client satisfaction to an exceptional level as defined by Animal Ark. This includes making all your interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and warmth to the clients
- Clinical support – Providing continued support and guidance to your direct vet team to encourage personal and peer growth and development. Provide backup support for the on-call vet within your team.
- Teamwork – Working within the team, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times.
Full-time and part-time considered. Full-time below:
40 hours a week. Monday to Friday (4 day week with Rota day off) and one in three weekends. Saturday 8-5 and Sunday 10-4. Providing backup support if required by on-call Vets.
- Highly competitive salary
- Great rota
- 5 weeks holiday per annum pro rata plus bank holidays plus birthday day.
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS membership
- £1500 CPD allowance with three days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for clinical coaches
- Animal Ark Vet monthly productivity scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
If you would like to apply for this position or would simply like to discuss in a little more detail – please contact [email protected] or complete the application form below.