Registered Veterinary NurseLocation: Hillcroft, Hall Street, Dudley, West Midlands Practice: Blacks Vets Dudley Salary: Up to £28,000 per annum D.O.E Practice Details
With over 50 years of experience, we are a network of five award-winning practices that are based around the Black County, West Midlands. With our unique advantage, our well-equipped practices allow us to provide high-quality within primary and referral care. Our passionate and friendly service is what makes such a difference to our clients and the health of their pets.
Based on the leafy edge of the West Midlands, but all within 30 mins of Birmingham City centre, we are a small animal, primary care and referral practice with a strong vet team of 15 including 6 certificate holders (cardiology, dermatology, soft tissue/orthopaedic/medicine, and surgery.
Priding ourselves on being family vets for family pets, we have constantly pushed the boundaries on delivering the highest pet care through the calibre and qualifications of our Vets and Nurses and through the friendliness and professionalism of our Client Care teams. Big enough to offer award-winning care, facilities and expertise for the Black Country's much-loved pets. Small enough to care for client and employees alike treating them as unique individuals - family matters to us.
Twice voted as Best UK Vet by the pet owning public, Winner of Practice of the Year, and featured on prime-time TV, joining the Blacks team places you amongst the best in the industry and at the heart of veterinary excellence. We know we are only as good as the people we employ and that is why everyone who joins us has been carefully selected because of the special qualities they can bring to our team.
There is a good social life too for those who want to get involved; lots of friendships and comradery, which all makes for a great work life balance.
Your role and responsibilities
Join our multi-award winning team as a Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) in our leading Hospital based in Dudley, West Midlands.
The opportunities available are ideally on a full-time basis, however we would welcome interest from nurses seeking more flexible rotas / shifts also.
We offer Superior care and professional satisfaction of providing our own in-house out of hours (OOH), while on attractive rota of approx. 1:4 weekends with 2-days off the following week.
The role will be predominantly based at Dudley Hospital (DY2 7BT) although will require some cover of shifts at our local surrounding branches.
Our Veterinary team consists of some highly skilled clinicians with Certificates in many areas including cardiology, medicine, surgery, dermatology, soft tissue, orthopaedics and more. Due to the cases we undertake, our nurses assist with some complex procedures and are able to work within an advanced veterinary nursing niche. Alongside this we can also offer you:
- Access to state of the art diagnostic equipment, including CT, and 11 operating theatres
- Diverse and interesting cases as well as a feline friendly hospital
- Support of 15 vets, 20 RVNs and the Client Care team on a ratio of 1:5
- 15-minute consultations
- High percentage insured client base with a dedicated Insurance team of 7 to process claims and provide guidance.
We can offer a good social life too for those who want to get involved; lots of friendships and comradery, which all makes for a great work life balance.
- Competitive salary, at Blacks we offer development and salary scales for career progression
- 5 hours per week, full-time and part-time, flexible working patterns considered
- RCVS and VDS fees paid by the practice
- Generous holiday, and an extra days holiday for your birthday
- Bonus holiday day every 5 years
- We have a dedicated Night Nurse team, but the opportunity is here to gain OOH experience
- Enhanced equal family leave policy
- Enhanced company sick leave
- Staff discount on pet care
- Staff healthcare plan
- Mental health first aiders
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free flu jab
- Staff recognition and rewards e.g: Employee of the month
- Annual external CPD allowance, which is supported and encouraged
- in house CPD
- A rewarding role with a great forward-thinking team, independently voted twice as ‘Best UK Vet’ and ‘Practice of the Year’. Featured on Channel 4’s The Interview and BBC2 Me and My Dog.
- Regular colleague and family social events for those who want to be involved
- Internal recognition scheme
- RCVS- Wellbeing and client service award 2018
- Best place to work award- 2019.
Part of an amazing global family
Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets. We are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team. Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 Veterinary Health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
If you would like to apply for the role or for an informal chat to discuss it further, please get in touch with our Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist Claire Challinor on 07709 518041 - [email protected]