Client Care AssociateLocation: 67 Oxford Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire Practice: Boundary Veterinary Centre Salary: £19,500 Practice Details
Boundary Vets has been part of the local community for over 10 years. Their aim is to provide the highest standard of veterinary care for local pets, whilst offering a personal touch.
Boundary is a single-site, primary care practice with a friendly and approachable team ready to provide support and guidance to a new graduate. Their vets have a range of experience levels, from recent graduates to over 20 years. Working alongside their vet team, they have a compassionate and clinically excellent nursing team.
Boundary Vets is an RCVS-Accredited Small Animal Practice, with well-equipped facilities including ultrasound, dental radiography and endoscopy. There are small animal medicine certificate holders in the vet team and the practice also offers in-house orthopaedics and echocardiography services.
Your role and responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic applicant to join our friendly and forward thinking and growing team. The role requires a caring, confident and mature approach to all aspects of veterinary practice and client care.
The Client Care Assistant role is vital to maintaining the high standard of client care expected throughout Boundary Vets and forms part of a developing yet experienced front of house team.
You will work closely with the Client Care Manager to deliver an outstanding experience for clients and visitors. An essential aspect of this role is to maintain a positive and friendly attitude continuously.
The role is varied and will include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Greeting clients with a friendly and helpful manner at all times
- Booking in patients for appointments and hospital procedures
- Maintain client confidentially at all times
- Day to day administrative duties including filing, debt management and client accounts
- Processing client requests/queries on email, face to face and on the phone
- Assisting with the organisation and upkeep of reception areas
- Processing payments in various forms
- Processing repeat medication requests
- Maintaining up to date and accurate records at all times
- Providing first class customer service to our clients and their pets.
Education: GCSE or equivalent (required)
- Minimum 2 years experience in customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft word, Excel and Office 365
- Fantastic organisational skills with the ability to work in a busy environment
- Ability to manage own work load
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Drive to provide the highest standard of client care at all times
- Enthusiasm for learning and developing new skills within the client care team
- Previous experience in a veterinary practice
- Previous administrative experience
- Automatic registration onto the BVRA (British Veterinary Receptionist Association) with support to complete Bronze, Silver and Gold awards
- Weekly fruit delivery to practice
- Opportunity to improve and excel in veterinary client care with in-house and external training provided
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD programmes
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance programme
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
At Linnaeus, we are committed to supporting the physical and mental health of all our Associates. We have an amazing team of Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) across our practices and central support office in addition to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is available for everyone.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
We would love to hear from you, if you think you are just what we are looking for or would like more information, please email your full CV and cover letter to our Client Care Manager, Anna, at [email protected]