Diagnostic Imaging Registered Veterinary NurseLocation: Bramston Way, Southfields, Laindon, Essex Practice: Southfields Veterinary Specialists Salary: Up to £28k DOE Practice Details
We are a multi-disciplinary, RCVS accredited Specialist lead referral centre within the county of Essex, where we work to the highest standards of veterinary care for pets, creating a seamless experience for them and their owners. We are incredibly proud to have an outstanding team of highly qualified Veterinary Specialists, that enable the very best care for all patients that come to our practice.
Role and responsibilities
Southfields Veterinary Specialists are currently recruiting for a talented Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) to provide support to our rapidly growing diagnostic imaging department.
You will work directly alongside the Senior Imaging Nurse, Radiologists, and the wider imaging team to provide exceptional care and support to patients from all disciplines requiring diagnostic procedures, ensuring that our core values and commitment to excellence are always provided. This is a very exciting time to join Southfields as we prepare to move to a 40,000 sq. ft, state of the art veterinary hospital.
You will work as part of our diagnostic imaging team consisting of specialists, residents, interns, nurses, and support staff. You will see a large and varied referral and emergency caseload, including orthopaedics, soft tissue, medicine, neurology, ophthalmology, oncology, dermatology, dentistry, and exotics, allowing you to work within an exceptional team and develop your career. This is a rewarding and challenging role that will require teamwork and dedication to the service and their patients and provide vital support to all disciplines within the wider Southfields team.
Your daily duties will include:
- Direct communication and coordination with the Senior Imaging Nurse, Deputy Nurse Managers, and specialised imaging radiologists
- Assisting with and performing diagnostic imaging procedures to include: Computed tomography, magnetic resonance Imaging, ultrasonography, radiography, and fluoroscopy. You will work confidently and solely within each imaging modality, operating highly specialised imaging equipment, overseeing equipment performance and image quality, positioning patients to a high diagnostic and clinical standard, understanding and resolving logistical and technical imaging system faults.
- Daily operational and organisational duties of the picture archiving communication system to include imaging reconstruction, image and report back up and archiving, handling internal and external image and report requests.
- General registered nursing duties include: anaesthesia monitoring; intravenous catheter placement; drug dosage calculation, handling, and administration; blood sampling and laboratory duties; patient recovery and, general cleaning and infection control.
- Overseeing all aspects of radiation within your daily department allocation (x-ray/CT/fluoroscopy). You will be provided with the necessary radiation protection training to allow a safe working environment.
You will be required to work a variety of early, mid, and late shifts and contribute to a 2:8 weekend and Bank Holiday rota.
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering and invest in new services. Joining us will allow you to work within an exceptional team and develop your career whilst being exposed to cases from all disciplines.
Due to the continued expansion at Southfields, you will work as a part of the growing team developing procedures and ways of working for the hospital. Referral experience is not essential, as full training will be provided.
- Full-time permanent position
- A competitive salary
- Generous CPD allowance
- Pension scheme
- Holiday reward service
- A good work-life balance
- Birthday day off
- Opportunities for progression
- Enhanced sick leave
- Enhanced parental leave
- Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and extremely well located for international travel links by air and train.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 Veterinary Health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
We would love to hear from you, please contact Anna Smith at [email protected] if you have any questions about the role or to apply, please complete the application form below.