Dispensary AssistantLocation: Station Farm, London Road, Six Mile Bottom, Cambridgeshire Practice: Dick White Referrals Salary: Practice Details
Dick White Referrals (DWR) is one of the largest specialist multi-disciplinary veterinary referral centres in Europe, offering outstanding levels of clinical care in state-of-the-art facilities.
Our dedicated vets, nurses and nursing assistants, supported by the client care teams are committed to providing the highest quality surgical and medical care for pets. Many of our clinicians are nationally or internationally recognised specialists in their field and bring unique experiences to care for pets.
We accept referrals in Anaesthesia, Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, Dermatology, Diagnostic Imaging, Emergency and Critical Care, Internal Medicine Neurology and Neurosurgery, Oncology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Physiotherapy and Soft Tissue Surgery.
We have comprehensive and established clinical and non-clinical programmes for training, development and CPD.
Visit this page to read about our vision, mission and values. https://www.dickwhitereferrals.com/about-us/our-vision-mission-and-values/
Your role and responsibilities
We are looking for a Dispensary Assistant to join our team on a full-time basis, working 40 hours a week and a 1 in 5 weekend shift.
The ideal candidate for this position will have previous experience of working in a veterinary practice, and preferably in the dispensary. They must be good at prioritizing, working under pressure and being able to work independently but also as part of a team. Strong IT skills would also be beneficial. This role would suit an RVN or a candidate that holds the AMTRA C-SQP qualification however not necessarily essential for the right candidate as full training would be given.
- Placing orders with various suppliers for drugs, consumables and other sundry items in line with stock control guidelines and oversight from dispensary managers.
- Dispense medications according to veterinary instruction
- Appropriately handle all agents including cytotoxic and controlled drugs
- Meticulously control stock, controlled drug stock audits and ensure product rotation
- Perform stock checks and maintain hospital supplies, including unpacking deliveries and collating orders forwards
- Send veterinary products to clients appropriately or arrange collection from the site if needed. This includes arranging the postage of certain medications and receiving payment
- Communicating with colleagues, suppliers and the public is required too
- Clean, tidy and maintain the working area, with regards to health & safety and temperature controls
- Record batch numbers and maintain administration records including daily stock audits
- Issue repeat prescriptions for veterinary authorization
- Appropriately dispose of out-of-date products and ensure these are recorded
- Assist Student vet nurses with areas they need to cover for their studies
- Any additional, appropriate duties, as requested by the dispensary manager.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD programmes
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance programme
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
At Linnaeus, we are committed to supporting the physical and mental health of all our Associates. We have an amazing team of Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) across our practices and central support office in addition to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is available for everyone.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individuals, but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
We are part of Linnaeus that is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 Veterinary Health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
If you share our passion for delivering excellence, trust and care then we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to: [email protected]