Head of Internal MedicineLocation: Bramston Way, Southfields, Laindon, Essex Practice: Southfields Veterinary Specialists Salary: Practice Details
This is a unique opportunity to join Southfields Veterinary Specialists and help us build and lead the team that will deliver emergency, critical and intensive care in our brand-new centre.
As Southfields prepares to move to our brand new 42,000 sq ft state-of-the-art facilities, you will be part of a team that has been provided with some of the most advanced equipment and facilities in a supportive working environment.
You will be committed to developing the centre and providing high standards of care to both our patients and referring veterinary surgeons. You will join an excellent multi-disciplinary specialist-led team that provides the opportunity to work with some of the most exceptional and dedicated veterinary professionals in a supportive environment.
Your role and responsibilities
This exciting role will require the candidate to:
- Provide clinical services as a consultant
- Work with the leadership team to optimise the performance of the Internal Medicine service
- Support and develop the team of nurses and clinicians
- Work collaboratively with all other services and foster good relationships
- Develop new ways of working and SOP’s within our new centre
- Demonstrate professional standards that will advance patient care
- Be an ambassador for Southfields Veterinary Specialists.
The position is suited to an experienced specialist in Internal Medicine, with exceptional communication skills and the ability to work efficiently and effectively within a large 24-hour multi-disciplinary team.
The applicant must be solution focussed and be able to work collaboratively.
This position is a key role within our leadership team and reports directly to the Clinical Director.
- Full-time position based on a 4-day week
- Very competitive salary
- A generous benefits package including private medical insurance, supported CPD, life insurance, registration fees and pension scheme
- A good work-life balance
- Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and extremely well-positioned for international travel links by air and train.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD program
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance program
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Recruitment referral reward scheme.
At Linnaeus, we are committed to supporting the physical and mental health of all our Associates. We have an amazing team of Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) across our practices and central support office in addition to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is available for everyone.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
We would love to hear from you, please contact Sian Emery at [email protected] if you have any questions about the role or to apply, please complete the application form below.