Lead Veterinary NurseLocation: 239 Selby Road, Halton, Leeds Practice: Calder Vets Halton Salary: Up to £28,000 pro rata depending on experience Practice Details
Calder Vets is a long-established primary care, small animal practice, with our central Hospital in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire. We also have 10 satellite clinics across South & West Yorkshire, including excellent support from our sister referral Hospital, Paragon Veterinary Referrals.We’re passionate veterinary professionals who are committed to providing exceptional care. Our mission is to provide high-quality healthcare and strive to make visiting the vets a positive experience for our patients and clients. Our core values are Clinical Excellence, Client Care, Patient Care, Teamwork, Development and Positivity. We are looking for like-minded team members to come and join our fantastic team.
Your role and responsibilities
Our Halton practice are seeking a Lead Veterinary Nurse to join our team. This role would suit an experienced RVN with a minimum of 2 years of experience.This role will enable the ideal candidate to develop their nursing and leadership skills through:
- Effectively managing a team of 3-5 RVNs, SVNs & PCAs including day to day support, development, absence management and personal development reviews (PDR's).
- Demonstrating excellent communication with the whole team and cascade information appropriately
- Take an active role in wider practice projects such as Engagement Action Planning and Practice Standards Scheme
- Attend and contribute to lead nurse meetings
- Working closely with the vets and client care team provides an excellent service to clients
- Promoting and supporting projects such as the Practice Standards Scheme accreditations and awards and ISFM Cat-Friendly Clinic
- Participate in clinical governance through contribution to Vetsafe, participating in Morbidity and Mortality meetings and assisting with clinical audit
- Promote and support the practice of environmental policies
- Work with the Lead Vet and Client Care Team Leaders to delivery financial performance for the site
Our ideal candidate will offer the highest standards of clinical and client care, and empathy and be willing to provide valuable peer support to their team including our student veterinary nurses and patient care assistants. We are looking for someone to effectively lead and motivate their team with the goal of providing a clinically excellent, gold standard patient and client service.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD programmes
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance programme
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Recruitment referral reward scheme.
At Linnaeus, we are committed to supporting the physical and mental health of all our Associates. We have an amazing team of Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) across our practices and central support office in addition to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is available for everyone.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
We’d love to hear from you so please contact [email protected] for more information or an informal chat.