Lead Veterinary SurgeonLocation: 209 Blackstock Road, Highbury, London Practice: Village Vet (Highbury) Salary: Salary from £60,000 to £70,000 depending on experience Practice Details
Lead Veterinary Surgeon (multi-vet).
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward-thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium-sized first opinion practices, four large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 400 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your role and responsibilities
The head vet will uphold excellent clinical standards and deliver exceptional client care. You will lead more junior members of the team and work closely with the team to optimise the practices' performance in providing caring and empathetic gold standard service to an established client base. The practice is very friendly and sees a very varied caseload. You will be responsible for working to improve the running of the practice where possible for the benefit of clients, staff and the business. This is a unique opportunity to put some of your own ideas into practice and to work in a wonderful area of London!
We want someone who can run an ever-expanding team, loves clinical and client service and wants to be part of a practice team who love what they do.
Shift pattern: (42 hours a week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8.30-7pm, 1 in 3 Weekends 9am-1pm.
- Patient Care – Working to a high level of clinical care within a team. Village Vet prides itself on working to a very high standard of care and supports RCVS Practice Standards Scheme
- Client care – We strive for exceptional levels of client service and satisfaction
- Teamwork – Working within your team, and the wider hospital teams, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times
- Management team – You will be fully supported and developed to allow you to grow and achieve your full potential.
- Salary from £60,000 - £70,000 depending on experience
- Village Vet bonus scheme
- Great rota
- Certifications encouraged and funding available
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + birthday leave
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD program
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance program
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Recruitment referral reward scheme.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
If you would like to apply for this position or would simply like to discuss in a little more detail – please contact [email protected] or complete the application form below.