Lead Veterinary Surgeon (Branches)Location: 11 High Street, Kippax, Leeds Practice: Abbey House Veterinary Hospital Kippax Salary: Up to £70,000 + Bonus Practice Details
Abbey House was founded in 1977 and has grown rapidly over the years. Abbey House Vets today is a large, busy first opinion and middle tier referral practice in West Yorkshire with four branch sites. We are passionate about quality, clinical excellence and patient and client care. We are also proud of our commitment to sustainability and hold our iiE Bronze (Investors in the Environment)
Our fantastic 24/7 Tier 3 Hospital is supported by four branch clinics and has excellent equipment with CT, visiting MRI, 4 theatres, an onsite lab, rigid/flexible endoscopy including laparoscopy, ICU, plus lots more! Two of the four branch clinics have operating facilities. Our branch clinics at Kippax and Batley perform neutering and routine surgical procedures along with imaging and laboratory tests.
The Lead Vet role can be shaped around the person to a degree but the key parts of this role would be:
- Clinical leadership - following best practice, supervising and assisting more junior vets, setting the standards, identifying any issues, working with other lead vets to drive in-house CPD programme, arranging CPD meetings, M&M rounds and clinical governance (VetSafe)
- General leadership - dealing with on the day issues, client complaints, working well with nursing and reception teams
- Line management - supporting a team (approx 4-6 vets), doing PDRs, inductions and helping with issues/problems etc as needed
- Senior leadership - participating when needed in strategic planning, setting budgets and succession planning and attending weekly SLT meetings and 4 weekly 'Exec' meetings
- Operations - identifying areas that hinder workflow or could be done better, bringing forward ideas.
Your role and responsibilities
The role will be responsible for two or potentially four of our branches. This will include driving the clinical standard as well as motivating the team. You will hold responsibility for overseeing the day to day running of the branches and will be assisted by the Clinical Director and two dedicated Lead Nurses. Your role will include time for admin and managerial duties!
The right candidate for the Lead roles will be experienced Vet Surgeons who enjoy mentoring and supporting their team and are comfortable with all first opinion duties.
We are delighted to be recruiting for a Lead Vet Surgeon to support our busy branch clinics. This is an amazing opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon looking to take a step into a leadership role or for an experienced Lead Vet to join a fantastic team.
- 4 day week
- 1:4 weekends
- No out-of-hours (OOH)
- Open to a flexible
- Rota for the right candidate.
- Competitive salary up to £70,000 a year depending on experience plus bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD program
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance program
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
We would love to hear from you, please contact [email protected] if you have any questions about the role or to apply, please complete the application form below.