Registered Veterinary NurseLocation: 512 Lordship Lane, Wood Green, London Practice: Metrovet Salary: £28,000 to £30,000 depending on experience Practice Details
Metro Vet is a progressive, forward-thinking, primary care practice based in Wood Green, North London offering an affordable service to clients in the surrounding area.
Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we support and encourage career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand, and we are looking for people who share our vision and culture.
We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, and in our facilities to ensure that our clients and their pets receive the highest standard of care. The clinic is compact with modern, well-maintained facilities, which include digital and dental radiography.
Your role and responsibilities
You would be responsible for providing outstanding patient care for both medical and surgical cases supporting the patient journey from admission to discharge. You would also be responsible for maintaining clear communication lines to ensure the smooth running of all clinical areas and the provision of excellent client care.
We have a varied caseload, including some emergency cases, creating an interesting clinical environment for our highly-valued team. A typical day would include our nurses supporting with consultations, managing inpatients, assisting with surgeries and carrying out all associated peri-operative care.
We also offer charitable neutering under the Cats Protection’s C4 scheme, which we feel is a great way to give back to the local community.
Main purpose & goals
- Demonstrating an excellent work protocol in all nursing duties including the ability to recognise and undertake relevant actions with the provision of nursing duties
- Support and introduce clinical standards set by the leadership team ensuring patient records are completed fully
- Maintain an overview of the provision of patient care across the practice, including patient journey and diary management. Ensuring the most effective and efficient approach to the workload
- Take an active role in the training programme of veterinary nurses and/or patient care assistants when required.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays on a pro-rata basis
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your birthday
- Welcome package
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Enhanced sickness policy
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- £500 CPD Allowance and access to extensive clinical and non-clinical learning and development programmes
- Progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Discounts with PetPlan
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Gym membership discount
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Flu vaccine voucher
- Recruitment reward scheme.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
We would love to hear from you, please contact Anna Smith at [email protected] if you have any questions about the role or to apply, please complete the application form below.