Registered Veterinary Nurse, Full TimeLocation: 36 St Johns Street, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire Practice: Cromwell Veterinary Group Huntingdon Salary: £21,5000- £25,000 depending on experience Practice Details
Founded over 100 years ago, Cromwell Vets is a well-established small animal, primary care practice with their own in-house lab facilities. With practices in:
- Huntingdon Hospital
- St Neots
- St Ives
- Great Cambourne
Cromwell Vets is a busy 24-hour first opinion small animal hospital, RCVS accredited, with 5 branch surgeries and a fabulous physiotherapy/hydrotherapy centre. Our practice has been caring for pets for over 100 years and we pride ourselves on providing the very best care and service for our pets and their owners. We are fortunate to have our tier 3 hospital with excellent facilities and equipment and are now primed ready for further growth including a move to a new purpose-built hospital.
Our wonderful Team is at the heart of Cromwell Vets – we are one big family! We enjoy being part of our communities and attend local events to run fun dog shows raising money each year for our chosen charity and encourage team members to take part. Cromwell Vets also holds regular social events including summer events, impromptu lunchtime barbeques in the summer and the famous annual Christmas party.
We are committed to staff wellbeing and have trained mental health first aiders in the business to support all staff. We have been revamping our clinical rotas to make improvements to our teams work-life balance and now have a 4-day week for full-time nurses. Weekend rota is 1:6 full weekend and 1:6 Saturday morning, with set days off in the week.
We also have the support of our Chief Nursing officer who represents nurses at Linnaeus Executive level and her team to provide training, CPD, sharing best practice and promoting nurses in general.
Your roles and responsibilities
At Cromwell, we are currently looking for full-time Registered Veterinary Nurses (RVNs) to join our well-established busy tier 3 24hr hospital with a varied caseload. We are a lovely, hardworking team that strives to provide our clients and their pets with the highest standard of care.
- Small animal Registered Veterinary Nurses
- Someone looking to develop their skillset
- Passionate about providing a high standard of veterinary care
- Full-time 40hr week – a 4-day week set shift pattern including weekend rota.
- Nights are covered by our dedicated night team.
- Salary dependent upon experience £21,800-£26,000
- 33 days holiday allowance inclusive of bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- Paid professional membership fees
- £500 CPD allowance plus 3 days
- Training, support, progression, and opportunities to do additional training
- Weekends on a rota with time off
- All new equipment within the practice including digital x-ray, dental x-ray, endoscopy, in house lab, anaesthesia monitoring and assessment equipment etc.
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- Employee assistance programme
- Extensive learning and development programmes
- Progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Discounts with PetPlan
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Enhanced sickness policy
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- Recruitment reward scheme
- Gym membership discount
- Flu vaccine voucher
- Mental health officers provided
- Buddy system- to go to for support and guidance.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 85,000 Petcare Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
There are leadership and mentorship roles within Pets’n’Vets too, as well as opportunities to move into clinical and non-clinical roles within the wider group. Together, we can provide the highest standards in pet care and achieve our collective purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
We’d love to hear from you so please contact [email protected] for more information or an informal chat.