Registered Veterinary NurseLocation: Savile Road, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire Practice: Calder Vets Dewsbury Salary: Salary up to £25,500 depending on experience Practice Details
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week, 1 in 6 weekends with time off the following week. Rotation throughout practice includes wards, theatre and consultation shift. Earliest start 7:30am, latest finish 8:30pm with one half day a week (rota negotiable) option of 4 x 10hours shifts. No OOH/on call.
Calder Vets is based in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, a 13-minute train ride from the city of Leeds with easy access to the beautiful Peak District and the city of York less than one hour away. We are a high standard primary care and referral Tier 3 Hospital with ten satellite clinics across the beautiful West and South Yorkshire regions. We have excellent facilities including on-site CT, dental suite, digital x-ray and dental x-ray, ultrasound, in-house lab, endoscopy, excellent anaesthetic monitoring equipment including multiparameter monitors, separate wards for surgical, medical, isolation, cats, exotics and outpatients.
- 3 theatres
- Separate cat/dog/exotic wards plus ICU
- X-ray (including in theatre)
- 2 ultrasound scanners (including a new state of the art echo scanner)
- CT and visiting MRI
- Large range of scopes including flexible, rigid and laparoscopy
- Dental suite with x-ray
- Internal lab with Haem/biochem/coags/iSTAT etc
We’re passionate veterinary professionals who are committed to providing exceptional care. Our mission is to provide high quality healthcare and strive to make visiting the vets a positive experience for our patients and clients. Our core values are clinical excellence, client care, patient care, teamwork, development and positivity. We are looking for like-minded team members to come and join our fantastic team.
We are also a friendly, welcoming team who enjoy bringing fun into the workplace. Our Champions Team organise regular events and we have made an exciting Engagement Action Plan together as a team. We are also working on our wellbeing agenda, with trained Mental Health First Aiders on site, as well as working towards our Investors in the Environment Bronze Award.
Your role and responsibilities
Our Dewsbury Hospital are seeking a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join the team. This role would suit an experienced RVN or newly qualified nurse, ready to build on their previous experiences gained whilst studying. This role will enable the ideal candidate to develop their nursing skills through:
- Assisting with the care of animals
- Undertaking tasks set by senior members of staff in the basic care and running of the practice
- Communicating with clients, meeting and greeting and completing registrations
- Monitoring inpatients, providing care and appropriate diets
- Assisting vets during examinations and surgeries to ensure the correct procedures are followed for the cleaning and sterilising of instruments, equipment and materials.
Our ideal candidate will offer the highest standards of clinical and client care, empathy and be willing to provide valuable peer support to our student veterinary nurses and patient care assistants. Experience or a significant interest in internal medicine and inpatient care is essential.
In return, we will offer you:
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Paid day off on your birthday
- CPD allowance
- Paid professional fees, including RCVS and VDS fees
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- £2,000 Welcome Bonus. 50% payable in the month you start and 50% on completion of probation- pro rata
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK and Ireland among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
If you would like to apply for this position or would simply like to discuss in a little more detail – please contact [email protected] or complete the application form below.