Registered Veterinary Nurse - Weekend - Part-TimeLocation: Savile Road, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire Practice: Calder Vets Dewsbury Salary: Up to £25,000 pro rata Closing Date: 15th December Practice Details
Registered Veterinary Nurse, Dewsbury , Weekend cover
No OOH/on call Dewsbury
£2000 welcome bonus pro rata
Calder Vets is based in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, a 13 minute train ride from the city of Leeds with easy access to the beautiful Peak District and the city of York less than 1 hour away. We are a high standard primary care and referral Tier 3 Hospital with ten satellite clinics across the beautiful West and South Yorkshire regions. We have excellent facilities including on site CT, dental suite, digital x-ray and dental x-ray, ultrasound, in-house lab, endoscopy, excellent anaesthetic monitoring equipment including multiparameter monitors, separate wards for surgical, medical, isolation, cats, exotics and outpatients.
- 3 theatres
- Separate cat/dog/exotic wards plus ICU
- x-ray (including in theatre), 2 x ultrasound scanners (including a new state of the art echo scanner) plus CT and visiting MRI
- Large range of scopes including flexible, rigid and laparoscopy
- Dental suite with x-ray
- Internal lab with Haem/biochem/coags/iSTAT etc
We’re passionate veterinary professionals who are committed to providing exceptional care. Our mission is to provide high quality healthcare and strive to make visiting the vets a positive experience for our patients and clients. Our core values are Clinical Excellence, Client Care, Patient Care, Teamwork, Development and Positivity. We are looking for like-minded team members to come and join our fantastic team.
We are also a friendly, welcoming team who enjoy bringing fun into the workplace. Our Champions Team organises regular events and we have made an exciting Engagement Action Plan together as a team. We are also working on our wellbeing agenda, with trained Mental Health First Aiders on site, as well as working towards our Investors in the Environment Bronze Award.
Our Dewsbury Hospital are seeking a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team. This role would suit an experienced RVN or newly qualified nurse, ready to build on their previous experiences gained whilst studying. The role is a part-time position and is a 20 hour week. The hours are 7:30-6:30 or 9:30/8:30, but we are flexible to what hours suit you.
- Assisting with the care of animals
- Undertaking tasks set by senior members of staff in the basic care and running of the practice
- Communicating with clients, meeting and greeting and completing registrations
- Monitoring in-patients, providing care and appropriate diets.
- Assisting vets during examinations and surgeries to ensure the correct procedures are followed for the cleaning and sterilising of instruments, equipment and materials
Our ideal candidate will offer the highest standards of clinical and client care, empathy and be willing to provide valuable peer support to our student veterinary nurses and patient care assistants. Experience or a significant interest in internal medicine and in patient care is essential.
In return, we will offer you:
- A salary up to £25,000 depending on experience- pro rata
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Paid day off on your birthday
- CPD allowance
- Paid professional fees, including RCVS and VDS fees
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
£2000 Welcome Bonus. 50% payable in the month you start and 50% on completion of probation- pro rata
We are proud to be part of Linnaeus with almost 180 sites across the UK and Ireland we are part of a growing community of like-minded veterinary professionals who are passionate about what they do. To add, Linnaeus is proud to be a part of the Mars Veterinary Health family of veterinary practices which extends our network of 2,500 veterinary clinics and hospitals in over 20 countries providing industry-leading pet care in over 25 million petcare visits every year.
Together, we are able to provide the highest standards in pet care and achieve our collective Purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.