Veterinary Patient Care Assistant (Night/Twilight)Location: The Granary, Bunstead Barns, Poles Lane, Hursley, Winchester, Hampshire Practice: Anderson Moores Vet Specialists Salary: Practice Details
Since 2006, we’ve been one of the country’s leading veterinary specialist referral hospitals with vets and their teams caring for small animals every day. Our dedicated vets, nurses and nursing assistants, supported by the administrative teams, are committed to providing the highest quality surgical and medical care for pets. Many of our clinicians are nationally or internationally recognised specialists in their field and bring unique experiences to care for pets.
We accept referrals for Orthopaedic Surgery, Soft Tissue Surgery, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Internal Medicine, Dentistry, Cardiology, Anaesthesia, Dermatology, Diagnostic Imaging, Oncology, Physiotherapy as well as Emergency and Critical Care (ECC) and a Pain Clinic.
We have comprehensive and established clinical and non-clinical programmes for training, development and CPD. You can find us in Hampshire, just south of Winchester, close to the M3 and national and international transport links. We are in a serene countryside setting with state-of-the-art facilities and are available to look after pets 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our vision is to be the south of England’s multi-disciplinary veterinary referral hospital of choice, where referring vets, clients and their pets receive the best possible care. Our mission is to create an inspiring, inclusive, professional environment where the team are empowered to work together to consistently deliver exceptional care and service.
Your roles and responsibilities
As a night/twilight Patient Care Assistant (PCA) you will play an instrumental role in the smooth running and cleanliness of the kennel areas, whilst providing a first-class patient and customer care service. You will also report directly to the OOH Team Leader and will be working alongside our experienced team of Veterinary Nurses – so there will be plenty of opportunities to learn more!
We are currently looking for the following to join us on a permanent basis. The night and twilight hour shift patterns vary between the hours of 4 pm and 6 am, Monday – Friday (with the participation in the out-of-hours rota).
- x1 part-time PCA (up to 30 hours), permenant
- x1 full-time PCA (40 hours), permenant
Main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining high levels of cleanliness throughout the kennels and other hospital areas.
- Providing quality in-patient care – feeding, walking, and littering.
- Ad hoc support to the OOH nursing as required.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- Experience of working with animals within a professional or personal capacity
- Ability to work under pressure and stay calm
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to deal with client information in a confidential manner
- Good time management skills
- Working within a busy team and can work on own initiative
- Methodical approach to working
- Passion for the welfare of animals
- Willingness to be part of and support the wider team
- Great satisfaction in achieving high standards of cleanliness
- Be eligible to work in the UK.
Please note: The Nursing Assistant role is a physically demanding role and will require some heavy lifting and bending. However, full PPE, lifting aids and training will be provided.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Free on-site parking
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD programmes
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance programme
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individuals, but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
We are part of Linnaeus that is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 Veterinary Health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success, and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
Making an application
Please submit a recent CV and covering letter of intent to Zoe Karimi at[email protected] or complete the application form below.
We look forward to hearing from you.