Veterinary SurgeonLocation: Savile Road, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire Practice: Calder Vets Dewsbury Salary: £38-60k (Depending on experience) Closing Date: 30th September Practice Details
Calder Vets is a Tier 3 Hospital based in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, a 13-minute train ride from the city of Leeds with easy access to the beautiful Peak District and the city of York less than 1 hour away. We are a high standard primary care and referral Tier 3 Hospital with ten satellite clinics. We practice an excellent level of patient care in our first-class facilities and we are proud to provide our own 24-hour on-site emergency care through our dedicated ECC night team. We try to live and breathe our Core Values.
- Theatre suite with the scrub area and 3 theatres
- Separate cat/dog/exotic wards plus ICU
- Xray (including in-theatre), 2 x ultrasound scanners (including a new state of the art echo scanner) plus on-site CT and visiting MRI
- Large range of scopes including flexible, rigid and laparoscopy
- Dental suite with twin tub tables and X-ray
- Internal lab with Haem/biochem/coags/iSTAT etc.
- Brand new Rehabilitation Centre with physiotherapy, hydrotherapy, canine hot spa and laser therapy
- Large, comfortable staff break area.
We are a large, friendly, welcoming team that enjoys bringing fun into the workplace. Our Champions Team organises regular events and we have made an exciting Engagement Action Plan together as a team. We are also working on our wellbeing agenda, with trained Mental Health First Aiders on-site, as well as working towards our Investors in the Environment Bronze Award. We often discuss clinical cases through Vet meetings and M&M rounds.
Your role and responsibilities
Due to growth, we have an opportunity for two or three colleagues to join our team. We are looking for great all-around GP Vets, or vets with an interest and skills in endoscopy, ECC, medicine or dentistry. We would consider vets who prefer consulting only roles also. Duties could include consulting (15min consults), ops/procedures (with support where needed), imaging (XR/US/CT/MRI), inpatient care and some branch work. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic vet to develop their own area of interest and studying for certificates is encouraged.
Some things to know about us:
- Our ethos is clinical excellence, and we try and live by our core values
- Client and patient care are at the heart of what we do
- We are working towards our Investors in the Environment Bronze award
- We prioritise mental health and wellbeing with a team of trained Mental Health First Aiders in the practice
- Work-life balance is important to us and our full-time rota is 40 hours with a 3.5 day week plus 1 in 4 weekends.
Shifts: 2x 8am-8pm, 1x 8am-6pm, 1x 8am-1pm; 1 in 4 weekends (8am-6pm)
- Excellent salary package commensurate with experience
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD programmes
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Pension Scheme
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance programme
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Recruitment referral reward scheme.
At Linnaeus, we are committed to supporting the physical and mental health of all our Associates. We have an amazing team of Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) across our practices and central support office in addition to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is available for everyone.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
We would love to hear from you, please contact Vicky Tanday at [email protected] if you have any questions about the role or to apply, please complete the application form below.