Veterinary SurgeonLocation: 26A Cambridge Road, Milton, Cambridge Practice: Village Vet (Milton) Salary: Competitive Practice Details
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, four large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 330 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your role and responsibilities
Village Vet are in search of a fantastic Veterinary Surgeon to join their Milton hospital. This role is responsible for delivering clinical care to the hospital’s patients and client care to their owners. This includes making all interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and bringing warmth to the clients.
Village Vet Milton is a thriving 24 Veterinary Hospital on the north side of Cambridge. It is one of the very few practices in Cambridgeshire accredited by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons as a Tier 3 Hospital. Our vets and nurses offer a full range of veterinary services including preventive care programmes, neutering, vaccination and dentistry.
In addition, the hospital team provide more advanced care and services to our surrounding clinics and emergency cover to a wide range of vets in Cambridgeshire. Our nurses also offer a variety of free clinics including pet slimming clinics, dental checks and nutritional advice.
- Patient/Clinical care– Working to high level of clinical care within a team. Village Vet prides itself on working to a very high standard of care and supports RCVS Practice Standards Scheme
- Client care – We strive for exceptional levels of client service and satisfaction
- Teamwork – Working within your team, and the wider hospital teams, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times
- Managment Team – You will be fully supported and developed to allow you to grow and achieve your full potential.
- Highly competitive salary
- Village Vet bonus scheme
- Great rota
- Certifications encouraged and funding available
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus birthday day
- £1000 CPD allowance with five days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS membership
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Generous sick pay allowance
- BUPA Employee assistance programme for 24/7 wellbeing support
- Dedicated line management with development pathway
- Linnaeus free CPD including monthly film readings/journal clubs
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
If you would like to apply for this position or would simply like to discuss in a little more detail – please contact [email protected] or complete the application form below.