Weekend Veterinary SurgeonLocation: 601 Hatfield Road, Smallford, St Albans, Hertfordshire Practice: Village Vet (St Albans) Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 depending one experience, pro rata'd for part time Practice Details
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward-thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium-sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 330 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your role and responsibilities
Village Vet St Albans have a new opening for a Weekend Veterinary Surgeon to join their hospital.
- Care and work-up of complex and interesting cases within an RCVS Hospital and Emergency Centre
- Day work alongside an established, welcoming team of experienced vets with a range of clinical interests.
Village Vet St Albans is a well-established, purpose-built small animal hospital located in Hertfordshire, an area boasting great countryside and unparalleled access to London. Our facilities are modern complete including full digital diagnostic facilities, an on-site laboratory, full operating theatres, separate dog and cat hospital wards, ultrasound, laparoscopy equipment, dental suite, big staff room and ample parking on site. We have a very experienced and empathetic team of vets, nurses and support staff who make this a great place to work. Our clients are loyal and subscribe to our way of working which is to ‘find out the answer’ rather than wait and see’. We look after our staff with generous CPD, rotas that are sustainable, lots of support both clinical and operational and work with an individual focus on developing the potential of all who join our team.
- Patient/ Client Care – Working to a high level of clinical care within a team. Village Vet prides itself on working to a very high standard of care and supports RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
- Client Care – We strive for exceptional levels of client service and satisfaction.
- Teamwork - Working within your team, and the wider hospital teams, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times.
- Management Team – You will be fully supported and developed to allow you to grow and achieve your full potential.
Rota: 1 in 3 Saturday and Sunday (8:30-7:30).
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- Highly competitive salary
- Village Vet bonus scheme
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD programmes
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance programme
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
At Linnaeus, we are committed to supporting the physical and mental health of all our Associates. We have an amazing team of Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) across our practices and central support office in addition to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is available for everyone.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
We’d love to hear from you so please contact [email protected] for more information or an informal chat. Alternatively, please complete the application form below to apply.