Our ‘Green Group’ Environmental Policy for Sustainability
The Linnaeus Group recognise that all businesses impact on the environment in a variety of ways. As such, we are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
We are proud that Linnaeus are working towards their Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
We have identified the following key environmental impacts associated with the provision of veterinary care at Linnaeus that contribute to our environmental and carbon footprint:
- Consumption of electricity, gas, water and other fuels
- Use of anaesthetic gases
- Waste generation
- Transport emissions
- Use of raw materials, including prescribed medicines and buildings
- Procured goods and services with their own environmental impact
We are committed to working with our Associates, customers, referring practices, suppliers, investors, contractors, regulatory bodies, and neighbours to achieve the following objectives:
- Achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2040
- Monitoring our key resource usage and implementing conversation techniques to achieve our environmental targets
- Continuing to operate safely and responsibly, in compliance with all relevant environmental regulations
- Including sustainable procurement and waste management as part of our Environmental Management Scheme
- Promoting active travel and healthy lifestyles, as part of sustainable travel planning
- Promoting and supporting One Health sustainability projects within our group
- Working with suppliers to decrease the environmental impact of their products, packaging and transportation
- Striving to improve our business performance, contributing to economic, social and environmental development, and including performance metrics that enable us to prioritise and consistently measure the sustainable performance of our business
- Supporting and encouraging collaboration and partnership on sustainability initiatives in the communities where we do business.
The establishment and implementation of this policy is a commitment of Linnaeus management and a shared responsibility with our Associates. Sharon O’Neill has designated responsibility to day-to-day implementation of this policy.
The policy will be reviewed annually as part of the organisations overall environment management plan.
Signed: Bart Johnson
Position: Chief Executive Officer, Linnaeus Group
Date: 16 September 2020
Contact details for sustainability enquiries: Ellie West, Clinical Veterinary Anaesthetist ([email protected])