Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any matter or dispute arising in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
You are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws relating to the use of or otherwise connected with the Site. To the extent that the Site or any activity contemplated by it would infringe any law of a jurisdiction other than England, then you are prohibited from accessing or using the Site or attempting to carry on any such offending activity and this provision shall override all other provisions of these terms and conditions.
Competition Standard Terms & Conditions
National Walk Your Dog Month – Fitness Tracker Competition
1. Linnaeus Veterinary Limited incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 10790375) (“we“, “us“, and “our“) whose registered office is at Friars Gate, 1011 Stratford Road, Shirley, West Midlands, B90 4BN is the promoter of the ‘National Walk Your Dog Month Fitness Tracker’ competition (the “Competition“).
2. The Competition will open at 12:00pm on 13 January 2021 and will close at 11:59pm on 31 January 2021 (the “Closing Date“). Any Entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Competition. We reserve the right to amend the Competition Closing Date at any time due to events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control. The up-to-date Competition terms and conditions (“Conditions“) will be available for the whole duration of the Competition at linnaeusgroup.co.uk
3. Please read these Conditions carefully. Entry into any of our Competitions is subject to and conditional upon acceptance of these Conditions.
4. By entering the Competition, you (the “Entrant“, “you“, and “your“) confirm that you have read these Conditions and agree to be bound by them and confirm that all information submitted is true, accurate, and complete. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of any and all Entrants and may, at our sole discretion, disqualify any Entrant that fails to satisfy the eligibility requirements set out in clauses 5 and 6 below. Entrants shall at all times act in good faith towards us and the Competition.
Who Can Enter?
5. The Competition is only open to all residents in the UK aged 18 years or over.
6. The following will be excluded from participating in the Competition and claiming the Prize:
a. any LVL employees or those of its associated and subsidiary companies;
b. employees of LVL’s agents or suppliers or those of its associated and subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the Offer or its administration; and
c. family members of (a) and (b) above.
7. The Competition is free to enter, and no purchase is necessary.
How to Enter
8. To enter the Competition, Entrants must submit a valid entry by following the steps set out in this clause 8 (the “Entry”):
a. take a photo of their dog on their daily walk (the “Image”); and
b. upload their favourite Image as a comment underneath our Competition post which will be shared across the Facebook pages of the following practices: 608 Vet Practice – 608vets; AAS Veterinary Services – aasvets; Abbey House Veterinary Hospital – AbbeyHouseVeterinaryHospital; Alder Veterinary Practice – aldervets; Avonvale Veterinary Centres – Avonvalevets; Blacks Vets – blacksvets; Boundary Veterinary Centre – boundaryvets; Brentknoll Veterinary Centre – brentknollveterinarycentre; Broadway Veterinary Surgery – broadwayveterinarysurgery; Calder Vets – caldervets; Cathcart and Winn Veterinary Clinic & Hospital – cathcartandwinn; Chapel House Veterinary Practice – chapelhousevets; Cinque Ports – CinquePortsVets; Croft Veterinary Practice – croftsvetsurgery; Cromwell Veterinary Group – cromwellvets; Donnachie & Townley Veterinary Centre – DTVeterinaryCentre; Eastcott Vets – Eastcott Vets Veterinary Clinic and Hospital; Gower Veterinary Surgery – gowerveterinarysurgery; Greenside Veterinary Practice – greenside.veterinarypractice; Hawick Veterinary Practice – HawickVeterinaryPractice; Leadon Vale Veterinary Centre – leadonvalevets1; Moor Cottage Veterinary Hospital – moorcottage; Oak Barn Veterinary Centre – oakbarnvets; Park Veterinary Group – parkvetgroup; Peak Veterinary Practice – peakvets.sheffield; Riversmeet Veterinary Centre – RiversmeetVeterinaryCentre; Sandhole Veterinary Centre – SandholeVets; Shires Veterinary Practice – shiresvets; Spinney Vets – SpinneyVets; St. Clair Veterinary Group – StClairVetGroupFife; The Barn Animal Hospital – BarnAnimalHospital; Warren House Veterinary Group – WarrenHouseVeterinaryGroup; Woodward Veterinary Practice – Woodward-Veterinary-Practice-288739591284533. (“Practice Facebook Page”).
9. All entries must be submitted via one of our Practice Facebook Page and only one Entry per person is permitted. Duplicate Entries received and Entries submitted on behalf of someone else will not be entered into the Competition.
10. Entrants who are suspected to be acting fraudulently or dishonestly may also be disqualified.
11. We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault including without limitation a technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
12. Our panel of judges will choose 10 winning photos from all valid Entries submitted and 10 winners will be selected (the “Winners”). The judges’ decision will be final.
13. The Winners will be notified, that they have won, via the same method they used to enter the Competition (i.e. Facebook) and within five working days of the Closing Date. For the purpose of this clause 13, “working days” means any hours between 9.00am (GMT) and 5.00pm (GMT) on days except Saturdays, Sundays, and bank holidays and public holidays in England.
14. To claim their Prize, each Winner will need contact the practice where their Entry was submitted via Facebook and leave their telephone number. They will subsequently receive a free of charge call back to arrange delivery of the Prize.
15. If a Winner does not respond or does not contact the relevant practice within 5 days of being notified of their win, they will forfeit their Prize. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to select an alternative winner or to dispose of the Prize as we see fit. Our decision regarding any aspect of the Competition, including without limitation correspondence regarding Prizes, is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
16. Each Winner will receive 1x PitPat dog activity monitor worth £39 (the “Prize”). We do not accept responsibility for any costs associated with the use and maintenance of the Prize after delivery.
17. The Prize cannot, neither in part nor in full, be exchanged for cash or for any other prize.
18. By entering the Competition, Winners agree to participate in such promotional activity and material as we may reasonably require, including but not limited to appearing in promotional photographs and on our website. By entering the Competition you also confirm that, if you win, we may publish your name and any photograph submitted by you on our website and/or on our Facebook, Twitter and/or other social media accounts.
Information about the Winners (name and county) can be requested by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope, quoting the name of the Competition (being the National Walk Your Dog Month Fitness Tracker Competition for the purposes of this competition) to the Linnaeus Brand Manager at Friars Gate, 1011 Stratford Road, Shirley, Solihull B90 4BN within 3 calendar months of the stated Closing Date.
19. By entering the Competition, you consent to the use of your personal data by us for the purposes of the administration of the Competition.
21. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude liability for any and all losses, damages and claims incurred by any person in connection with participating in this Competition.
22. The Competition and these Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English Law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Competition or these Conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
23. The Competition is not run in association with any other party, although prizes may be supplied by a third party. In the event that prizes have been supplied by a third party, this is not intended to suggest any endorsement or connection between us and such third party.
24. If you have any questions about this Competition or if you need to get in touch with us, please contact us on 0121 712 7050 or at our contact address: Friars Gate, 1011 Stratford Road, Shirley, Solihull B90 4BN.
Client data and confidentiality
The General Data Protection Regulation gives anyone the right to be informed about any personal data relating to themselves. At the request of a client we will provide copies of relevant records. Please be advised that, for training and monitoring purposes, telephone calls may be recorded.
If you have any concerns or queries about material which appears on our Site or if you have questions about your use of this Site or these terms and conditions please email us at: [email protected].