Lead Veterinary SurgeonLocation: 748 Harrow Road, Kensal Green, London Practice: Village Vet (Kensal Green) Salary: Competitive Practice Details
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, four large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 330 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your role and responsibilities
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and ambitious vet to head up our much loved Kensal Green Practice. This is a busy, growing practice with continuing potential and is the ideal role for someone confident with a sole charge who wants to lead a team and drive the practice to continue to provide outstanding client and animal care.
You will lead the practice and the established team, seeing a wide variety of first opinion work offering a great clinical caseload and be supported locally by Village Vet 24 for overnight care and London Veterinary Specialists for ease of referral for those really complex cases. The ideal candidate would be a strong all-rounder whose strengths lie in client relationships, exceptional clinical standards, leadership and the desire to continue to expand an already successful practice.
This spacious site comes fully equipped with digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound, large operating theatre, two consultation rooms and on-site accommodation (if required) in the heart of west London. Within the practice, you will have a fantastic team with support from our Hampstead Village Vet 24 service, London Veterinary Specialist Referrals and the Village Vet branch network.
• Patient/Clinical Care - Delivering a high level of clinical care to standards in conjunction with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme
• Client Care - The delivery of client satisfaction to an exceptional level as defined by Village Vet. This includes making all your interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and warmth to the clients
• Teamwork – Working within the team, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all time
- Highly competitive salary
- Village Vet bonus scheme
- Great rota
- Certifications encouraged and funding available
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus birthday day.
- £1000 CPD allowance with five days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS membership
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Generous sick pay allowance
- BUPA Employee assistance programme for 24/7 wellbeing support
- Dedicated line management with development pathway
- Linnaeus free CPD including monthly film readings/journal clubs
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
If you would like to apply for this position or would simply like to discuss in a little more detail – please contact [email protected]sgroup.co.uk or complete the application form below.