Introducing our field nursing Managers
Dip AVN(Surg) PGCertVetAA VNCert ECC RVN
Field Nursing Manager supporting primary care and small site referrals.
DipAVN (SA), DipHE, CertVNECC, RVN
Field Nursing Manager supporting referral practices.
Our main purpose and goals
- Bring to life and execute the nursing strategy – through team development, coaching and engagement. Effective leadership, operational execution and where required, through audit and governance
- Support the senior leaders to drive and grow the performance within nursing, focusing on quality, excellence, and team engagement by providing expert opinion
- Support function Business partners, including HRBPs and H&S
- Provide a nursing insight at site level in line with the Field Medical Directors to deliver a multi-functional overview
- Working with the Regional and Managing Directors to ensure that each practice has the correct operational delivery structure, including a nursing presence on the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)and nursing capability for its local needs and that the delivery of nursing is aligned with the group strategic objectives – this includes demand and capacity planning.
- Help deliver productivity and efficiency in the hospitals to achieve commercial goals.
- Review and provide feedback to the clinical delivery models by identifying areas where investment and development within the nursing teams can lead to playing a greater role in the delivery of care
- Review opportunities to enhance quality across nursing through reviewing policies, procedures and working practices, sharing best practice, risk management and audit
- Measure and validate the nursing impact on the patient on both quality and outcomes
- Champion the attraction, growth and development of the groups nursing capacity and capability across the estate by:
- Collaborating with Central Support Teams to ensure that the voice of the nurse and the nursing strategy are incorporated into all operational programmes and initiatives
- Provide leadership to senior leaders to aid collaboration and share best practice and support in driving quality and outcome improvements. Provide leadership challenge and support to the senior operational teams, and Managing Directors as required in the delivery of the businesses commercial and strategic goals and objectives
- Supporting the appointment of the best and brightest talent
- Developing both technical and leadership skills
- Championing talent and considering group wide opportunities for the nursing population
- Succession planning for senior nursing
- Ensuring effective career pathways and development
- Grow initiatives that support the retention of the nursing workforce.