Lead Veterinary SurgeonLocation: 6 Clifton Road, Maida Vale, London Practice: Village Vet (Maida Vale) Salary: Competitive Practice Details
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, four large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 330 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your role and responsibilities
The head vet will uphold excellent clinical standards and deliver exceptional client care. You will lead more junior members of the team and work closely with the team to optimise the practices' performance in providing caring and empathetic gold standard service to an established client base. The practice is very friendly and sees a very varied caseload. You will be responsible for working to improve the running of the practice where possible for the benefit of clients, staff and the business. This is a unique opportunity to put some of your own ideas into practice and to work in a wonderful area of London!
Our beautiful Maida Vale Practice is set in the heart of West London, close to Notting Hill, Regents Park and Primrose Hill and has an established, loyal and committed client base. You’ll get a host of puppies, kittens, mad-labs and golden oldies to look after and you’ll be part of a dedicated, experienced and knowledgeable team who look after the area’s pets like their own. As well as the normal operating theatre, on-site lab equipment and digital x-ray, we also have dental x-ray, ultrasound and physiotherapy equipment in this growing practice.
We want someone who can run an ever expanding team, loves clinical and client service and wants to be part of a practice team who love what they do.
Shift pattern: (42 hours a week, 4 days a week. 1 in 3 Saturdays).
- Patient Care – Working to high level of clinical care within a team. Village Vet prides itself on working to a very high standard of care and supports RCVS Practice Standards Scheme
- Client care – We strive for exceptional levels of client service and satisfaction
- Teamwork – Working within your team, and the wider hospital teams, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times
- Management team – You will be fully supported and developed to allow you to grow and achieve your full potential.
- Highly competitive salary
- Village Vet bonus scheme
- Certifications encouraged and funding available
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus birthday day. Pro-rata'd for part time.
- £1000 CPD allowance with five days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS membership
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Generous sick pay allowance
- BUPA Employee assistance programme for 24/7 wellbeing support
- Dedicated line management with development pathway
- Linnaeus free CPD including monthly film readings/journal clubs
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
If you would like to apply for this position or would simply like to discuss in a little more detail – please contact [email protected] or complete the application form below.