Lead Veterinary SurgeonLocation: 292 West End Lane, London Practice: Village Vet (West Hampstead) Salary: Competitive Practice Details
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, four large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 330 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your role and responsibilities
This practice has an established and generous support staff team comprising of regional support manager, practice manager, two receptionists, Head Nurse and student nurse who form a welcoming and experienced group of colleagues. The vet team includes a surgeon who is capable of complex soft-tissue and orthopaedic procedures such as fracture repairs, TECAs and thyroidectomy.
We have digital x-ray, dental x-ray, multiparameter monitoring, dedicated theatre, two consult rooms, beautiful waiting room and garden.
Our clients are dedicated and bonded and want the highest quality people to be looking after their pets. They want diagnoses rather than drugs and are advocates for the practice which is long-established in the area. We are supported with 24 hour provision from our very local Hampstead hospital and by our own specialist branch – London Veterinary Specialist, which not only provides us with clinical support but also develops our vets with monthly film-readings and journal clubs
- Patient/Clinical care - Delivering a high level of clinical care to standards in conjunction with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme
- Client care- The delivery of client satisfaction to an exceptional level as defined by Village Vet. This includes making all your interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and warmth to the clients
- Teamwork – Working within the team, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times
- Highly competitive salary
- Village Vet bonus scheme
- Fantastic work-life balance with flexible rota
- Top-notch facilities
- Bupa employee assistance programme to support employee wellbeing
- Opportunity for development via in-house CPD and a generous CPD budget
- Great weekend rota with time off in Lieu
- Great London location with excellent transport links and local cafes
- Certifications encouraged and funding available
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus birthday day
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with five days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Generous sick pay allowance
- Dedicated line management with development pathway
- Linnaeus free CPD including monthly film readings/journal clubs
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
If you would like to apply for this position or would simply like to discuss in a little more detail – please contact [email protected] or complete the application form below.