Night Patient Care AssistantLocation: 11 Belsize Terrace, Hampstead Practice: Village Vet (Hampstead) Salary: £10.75 per hour Practice Details
We are a well-established, RCVS accredited, small animal primary care brand with practices in London, Hertfordshire, and Cambridgeshire. Alongside all our primary care services, we also have a 24-hour continuous care hospital made up of our highly certified specialists and general practice staff to ensure the highest form of veterinary care for the benefits of pets and clients alike.
Your role and responsibilities
We are seeking a Night Patient Care Assistant for our London Hampstead Hospital.
This role is fast-paced, friendly and fun with no working day the same.
Your job is to provide exceptional care to the patients being hospitalised and maintain the running of the practice overnight.
This will include but is not limited to:
- To familiarise yourself fully to the individual patients conditions, monitoring and treatment needs.
- Seek guidance if required to provide the best care to your patients.
- Provide oral or topical medication as prescribed & directed by the Veterinarian.
- Use initiative to constantly assess patients conditions and adapt care requirements.
- Handle and restrain patients maintaining your own and the animals safety.
- Maintain patient hygiene to the highest level.
- Walk the dogs to provide exercise and toilet opportunities.
- Use monitoring & clinical equipment as directed (training provided)
- Provide oxygen therapy if required and monitor patient.
- Maintain fluid therapy as directed, with the use of drip pumps or syringe driver.
- Maintain accurate computer and written records and communicate well with your colleagues.
- Update owners over the phone about the condition of their pet.
- Take responsibility for your own safety. Bring any concerns regarding your own safety or the security of the practice to your line managers attention.
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of your work area and floors.
- Restock consumables.
- Partake in hand-over rounds at the beginning and end of your shift.
Shift: 42 hours per week.
Working days per week Monday to Sunday – one week on, one week off.
- Highly competitive salary.
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- CPD allowance
- Staff discount scheme.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Generous sick pay allowance.
- BUPA Employee assistance programme for 24/7 wellbeing support.
- Dedicated line management with development pathway.
- Linnaeus free CPD including monthly film readings/journal clubs.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Eyecare vouchers.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
We would love to hear from you, please contact Kerry Jackson at [email protected] if you have any questions about the role or to apply, please complete the application form below.