Registered Veterinary Nurse (Fixed Term)Location: George's Farm, West Buckland, Wellington Practice: Cave Veterinary Specialists Salary: Dependent on experience Practice Details
At Cave Veterinary Specialists, our top priority is to provide outstanding specialist care to our client’s pets.
We have a team of highly-experienced clinicians and veterinary nurses working with state-of-the-art equipment and technology, which enables us to treat the most complex and challenging cases our motto being clinical excellence, personal care.
We pride ourselves on being a very friendly, supportive and approachable team offering a fantastic induction programme to anyone who joins us.
Your role and responsibilities
This position will provide an opportunity to rotate through inpatient care, day-patient care and diagnostics. The individual will be working alongside a highly skilled and passionate nursing and clinician team, providing quality care to patients across all disciplines.
You will need to have great attention to detail, passion for the provision of gold standard care to our patients and the ability to work closely with the team as well as independently. Referral experience is desirable but not essential. Our team is focused on quality and best practice.
The hours consist of:
- 40hr working week or opportunity for job share 16 – 24hr contract for part-time applicants
- 8hr shifts between the hours of 07:00 and 20:00 Monday – Friday
- 1 in 4 working weekends – Hours given back as time off in lieu (TOIL) for weekend hours
- Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) Out of Hours (OOH) provision includes a paid retainer and uplifted overtime.
- A supportive and knowledgeable team to assist your growth and development
- 25 days of annual leave excluding bank holidays plus your birthday off
- Employer pension contribution
- Generous CPD package to advance your skills and direct your interest in specialist disciplines
- Opportunities to support our Patient Care Assistants (PCA) students and Student Veterinary Nurses (SVN) through their respective studies
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Enhanced company sick pay.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
We would love to hear from you, please contact Anna Smith at [email protected] if you have any questions about the role or to apply, please complete the application form below.