Veterinary SurgeonLocation: Hucclecote Pets & Vets, 51 - 53 Hucclecote Road, Hucclecote, Gloucester Practice: AAS Veterinary Services Hucclecote Salary: £63,000 per annum, Salary up to and depending on experience Practice Details
If you are a current Linnaeus Associate, you will need to apply internally. In order to do this, please contact our Talent Acquisition team (details can be found via The Link) and someone will be in touch to discuss and progress your application.
Job Title: Veterinary Surgeon
Salary: Up to £63,000 (D.O.E.), plus £4,000 signing bonus
Location: AAS Veterinary Services, Gloucester
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 4 day week (40 hours) 1 in 4 Saturdays, no OOH
Are you looking to work with a progressive and collaborate team in a well-equipped practice?
Is work-life balance and job satisfaction important to you?
Look no further! We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly and supportive team!
We demonstrate excellence in everything we do for the associate, client and pet and our mission is to be recognised as the leading veterinary provider for all pets and animals across the UK. We do this by investing in our people and infrastructure to deliver the best in care for our clients and their pets. Our size, client base and varied caseload, means we can support a range of skill sets and continued professional development aspirations, be that surgical, branch management or medical.
Hours and Package
- Full-time and part-time applications considered
- 4 day week working 9-7 (appointments scheduled until 18:30)
- Weekends maximum of 1 in 4 (Saturday only, under review)
- No nights, no out of hours
- Scheduled admin time each day
- Generous salary of £42,000-£63,000 (dependent on experience)
- Golden Hello or relocation package available
- Plus a two bedroom flat available for new recruits (Subject to T and Cs)
You will be supported by a skilled Vet team (including exotic, surgical and imaging certificate holders and dental champions!) and a highly experienced nursing team and have access to the wider Linnaeus team of referral specialists for further support and CPD. Certificate/further studies are encouraged and supported.
We have an extensive range of surgical and diagnostic equipment available, with expertise on hand when needed.
- Superior image quality ultrasound suitable for first opinion and referral level (with both abdominal and cardiac probes + cardiology table)
- Flexible and rigid endoscopy, bronchoscopy and rhinoscopy
- Dedicated x-ray and imaging rooms
- Dental X-Ray
- Sterile surgical theatre
- Separate dog and cat wards as well as separate waiting rooms
- 2 vet consult rooms + 1 nurse consult room
- Upstairs lab room with full in-house bloods including immunoassays, as well as cytology station
- Separate upstairs staff area with workspace to work on CPD/cases etc
- Bathroom with shower on-site
- Laparoscopy + orthopaedic surgical kits
- Multiparameter machines at all practices
- Rabbit dental table
- Silver Cat-Friendly Practice
We also encourage a great work-life balance with flexible working hours, scheduled tea and lunch breaks (additional lunch space with air fryer pending!) and there is always time set aside for admin each day. Dogs can often come to work, and we have some nice dog parks in walking distance of the Hucclecote and Abbeydale branches.
- 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD program
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- E-car salary sacrifice scheme
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance program
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
We have a multi-site practice in Gloucestershire, with branches in Abbeydale, Quedgeley, Stroud and Hucclecote. We have 25 years of experience in keeping our clients happy and their animals healthy. Our practices are conveniently located for city or Cotswold country life, with easy access to the motorway network and various airports.
At Linnaeus, we are committed to supporting the physical and mental health of all our Associates. We have an amazing team of Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) across our practices and central support office in addition to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is available for everyone.
To apply, please complete the quick application form below. Alternatively, for more information please contact Lissa at Lissa.Semerdak@linnaeusgroup.co.uk or call 07523268918.
Part of an amazing global family
Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets. We are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team. Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 Veterinary Health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
Linnaeus is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, we are committed to fostering a culture that is inclusive and diverse for all our associates.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click the Apply Button or for more information, please feel free to reach out directly to our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]