Veterinary Surgeon (Primary Care)Location: Hindle Way, Dorcan Way, Swindon Practice: Eastcott Veterinary Clinic and Hospital Edison Park Salary: From £50,000 (D.O.E) Practice Details
The practice is a primary care team set within a hospital that also houses a multi-disciplinary referral team. Eastcott is based in Swindon with the main site in Dorcan, and smaller branches in North Swindon and Old Town.
We provide 24-hour emergency services and routine primary care for small animals, working closely alongside the referral and ECC department.
Your role and responsibilities
Are you a vet looking for a primary care role with a high surgical caseload, working alongside a multi-disciplinary referral hospital?
Would you like to be part of an experienced and forward-thinking team of clinicians?
Package and hours
- Salary from £50,000 (dependent on experience)
- Full-time role working 4 days a week (part-time applications considered)
- 1 in 8 weekends (three days off the following week)
- A variety of consulting, operating/diagnostics and in-patients shifts.
Due to an ever-expanding caseload within the primary care team, we are looking for a full-time veterinary surgeon, ideally with a surgical bias (ie. certificate, or desire to study towards a certificate), to join our team. The rota includes a variety of consulting, operating/diagnostics and in-patient shifts over a 4-day week, with 1 in 8 weekends (three days off the following week).
We are fortunate enough to have an incredibly friendly team and can provide our new colleagues with not just an environment to develop in, but the opportunity to get involved in personal interests, from joining the Green Team, to becoming a mentor to our new graduates or simply helping us organise our curry nights!
We are looking for
- Veterinary Degree Registrable in the UK enabling full MRCVS status
- Surgery certificate holder or working towards
- Excellent communication skills with associates at all levels
- A can-do attitude with a determination to succeed
- Strong Team ethos
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- Relocation package available
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD program
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced Equal Family leave for birth/adoption
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance program
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Recruitment rewards scheme
At Linnaeus, we are committed to supporting the physical and mental health of all our Associates. We have an amazing team of Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) across our practices and central support office in addition to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is available for everyone. For more information, https://www.linnaeusgroup.co.uk/about-us/health-and-wellbeing
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 Veterinary Health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team. Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
To apply, please complete the quick application form below. Alternatively, for more information please contact Paige on [email protected] or call 07708478484.