Join our 2024 Veterinary Graduate Development ProgrammeLocation: Quedgeley Veterinary Surgery, 108 Bristol Road, Quedgeley, Gloucester Practice: AAS Veterinary Services Quedgeley Practice Details
If you are a current Linnaeus Associate, you will need to apply internally. In order to do this, please contact our Talent Acquisition team (details can be found via The Link) and someone will be in touch to discuss and progress your application.
Linnaeus has already seen a number of graduates progress within the group and we’re always on the look-out for future talent to join us. We are committed to supporting you to develop yourself and your career. You will have the opportunity to share your ideas and help shape our continued commitment to developing new treatments and technological advancements in the industry. You’ll benefit from:
- A 12-month Graduate Development Programme (GDP) aligned with the RCVS VetGDP starting in September 2024
- Subsequent 12-month Early Careers Programme (ECP) starting in September 2025
- Starting salary from £36,000 with a review at 12 months
- RCVS Membership fees, professional indemnity insurance and an additional membership of choice (BVA or BSAVA) provided
- Graduate roles available throughout the UK
- In-practice primary mentor and trained VetGDP Adviser
- In-practice secondary mentor
- Peer-to-peer support through GDP networking and social events
- Dedicated graduate contact point within the Linnaeus Central Support Team
- Placement at a supportive practice
- Graduate Development Programme (GDP):
- 12 core educational days including an intensive pre-start training camp
- Focus on fundamental primary care clinical and professional skills
- Early Careers Programme (ECP):
- Up to 5 days flexible CPD of your own choice, plus 6 core educational days on more advanced topics
- Flexibility to attend CPD of your own choice
- Graduate specific practical training days – including ultrasound and surgery courses
- Additional CPD opportunities outside of the GDP – conference attendance, external CPD, practice visits
- Access to an extensive online resource library with 170+ hours of on-demand content
- Access to exclusive Linnaeus CPD courses free of charge
- Permanent contract within Linnaeus Veterinary Limited
- Support to map out your own career journey
- Flexibility to move within the Linnaeus family on graduation
Graduate Development Programme (GDP)
Support & Networking:
- Formalised mentorship and support, with practice based primary and secondary mentors, including a VetGDP Adviser
- Funded social events, with peer groups and mentors
- Programme defined by small cohort sizes, supporting a personalised experience and ability to establish close-knit graduate networks
- One to one support from our central team
- Part of the Mars family with global opportunities
- Structured, graduate focused educational programmes with 12 core educational days
- Includes intensive pre-start training camp
- Focus on primary care skill development – common primary care case presentations, surgical skills, dentistry, anaesthesia, imaging, internal medicine, dermatology and ophthalmology
- Non-clinical skills including veterinary business training, time management, communication skills, managing difficult conversations and skills to thrive in practice
Early Careers Programme (ECP)
Support & Networking:
- Ongoing practice-based mentorship
- Ongoing central office support
- Regional social events with your cohort and our other graduates
- Programme defined by increased flexibility and opportunity to tailor clinical and professional skills training to individual areas of interest
- Focus on increasing clinical skill development
- Core educational days cover more advanced clinical topics including neurology, oncology, advanced surgical and medical topics
- Up to five days CPD of your choice, in addition to 6 core educational days provided by Linnaeus
Our Graduate Development Programme in 2024 will begin in September 2024, you must be available to start then do complete essential CDP.
We are a multi-site, RCVS accredited, primary care practice based in the South-west county of Gloucestershire. For over 25 years we have dedicated our services to the care of small animals keeping them happy and healthy.
Each of our practices offer a range of services with strengths in medicine, surgery, and radiology, which means our patients can be treated for most conditions locally and efficiently with the support of our friendly and caring team.
Part of an amazing global family
Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets. We are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team. Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 Veterinary Health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
Linnaeus is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, we are committed to fostering a culture that is inclusive and diverse for all our associates.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click the Apply Button or for more information, please feel free to reach out directly to our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]