At Linnaeus Group, the health, safety and wellbeing of our patients, our staff and our community is our number-one priority.
We remain committed to delivering exceptional care to your pet, while doing our part to reduce the spread of respiratory illness (in particular, COVID-19 coronavirus), including careful monitoring of the health and wellbeing of our staff.
Over the past few weeks, we have taken a series of precautionary steps at our practices in response to this outbreak, including increased cleaning, disinfection and access to hand sanitiser for our staff and clients.
Doing our part to keep pets, clients and our staff healthy during COVID-19 (coronavirus)
In addition to the steps we’re taking as a practice to protect everyone who works in and visits our practice, we kindly ask that you take the following precautions:
- If you’ve been exposed to COVID-19, had close contact with someone who has, or you’re experiencing symptoms, and your pet needs veterinary care, please call us. We will be able to advise you on how your pets can receive the care they need.
- If your pet requires urgent veterinary attention, please call us. We will be able to advise you on how your pets can still receive the care they need.
- Please limit your time in the waiting area, and maintain at least 6 feet / 2 metres of space between you and other pet owners in common spaces.
- Please limit the number of people who accompany each pet to the practice, and ask any additional friends or family members to wait outside, if possible.
- When possible, schedule appointments in advance to not only reduce your wait time but also enable us to better prepare for your pet’s health needs prior to their arrival.
- If your pet requires emergency care, please call ahead so we can ensure your pet’s needs can be met and advise you on next steps. If your pet is hospitalised at our facility, please limit the number and duration of your visits, as well as the number of people with you.
- If you need to change any appointments because you are in isolation, please call us and we will rearrange these for you.
- If you have been self-isolated with COVID-19 and have recently visited one of our practices, please let us know as soon as possible. This is so we can implement measures to protect our staff and other clients, some of whom are elderly or could be more susceptible to illness.
- We are following the government’s most recent advice regarding the measures we need to take to help control the spread of COVID-19. There’s provision at all of our practices for you to wash your hands when you arrive and before you leave.
Please contact us if you’d like further advice about caring for your pet over the coming months.